Monday 27 January 2014

The Top 10 Films That I'm Looking Forward To in 2014

I have a look at the Top 10 films that I'm looking forward to in 2014. Hit the break to see my choices.





10) EDGE OF TOMORROW


Yes, it may be Tom Cruise, but a Groundhog-Day style science fiction movie has all the potential of being great especially with some awesome looking CGI from the trailer. Hopefully this can be great. 

9) JUPITER ASCENDING


I may be one of the few people who hasn't seen the Matrix, but any original Science Fiction Space Opera film I'm totally down for, and Sean Bean is always awesome so hopefully this should be great. 

8) GODZILLA


Godzilla is the only real word that I need to describe this movie for you, and if you're not convinced by that then nothing will. So hopefully this should be great. 

7) TRANSCENDENCE 


With a cast compromising of the likes of Johnny Depp, Kata Mara, Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy and more - Transcendence has the potential to be great. Alternatively, it could suck - but I'm hoping for big things from this so hopefully it should work out quite well. 

6) GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

There's no trailer available for this yet, but even so - I am super excited for any Guardians of the Galaxy type movie. It may be Marvel's riskiest movie yet, but hopefully it should pay off. 

5) CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER


So the first Captain America was the second best of the pre-Avengers movies so I'm hoping that The Winter Soldier will be the best of the post-Avengers movies for Marvel. The trailer looks ridiculously cool so hopefully this will get 2014's blockbuster season off to a great start movie-wise.

4) THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2


I watched the first movie last year and really enjoyed it so hopefully this should be awesome. The Amazing Spider-Man is currently a lot better than the original Spider-Man movies so it should be very interesting to see how it plays out. 

3) THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN

There's no trailer for this yet, but I can't wait for the third movie in The Hobbit series. Based on the logic that if the second movie was twice as better as the first movie, therefore the third will be as twice as good as the second. So lets hope it's great. 

2) X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST



The X-Men are my favourite group of superheroes aside from the BatFamily and I really cannot wait for this. Singer directed the best X-Men movie (X2) so I'm hoping for great things here with its combination of fantastic cast both new and old. However we have to remember that Singer did Superman Returns, so I'm just a tiny bit skeptical. 

1) INTERSTELLAR


It's Christopher Nolan - so should we really expect anything else other than superb? I've loved The Dark Knight Trilogy and Inception so I'm really, really looking forward to this one. If this isn't your most anticipated movie of 2014 then you're doing it wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment