Sunday 30 November 2014

Blog Update (30 November 2014)

I offer a glimpse of what to expect over the next month or soon this blog as well as provide the obligatory link to the New Star Wars trailer (and some awesome fanart courtesy of Legion of Potatoes on Tumblr) that seems to be cropping up pretty much everywhere lately.






So that was pretty awesome, wasn’t it? The Force Awakens pretty much knocked it out of the park, delivering an excellent teaser that really gave me chills. I’ve already watched it about 10 times since it’s already aired, and it looks excellent. Between this and Age of Ultron, there’s no question as to which movie that I’m looking forward to the most next year at the cinema and that’s The Force Awakens. Just a shame that it’s not out until December.

The Force Awakens features some pretty excellent cast. Luptia Nyong’o, Adam Driver, Andy Serkis, and John Boyega among the cast list, with actors from the original trilogy included. If you want to get an example of just how good Boyega is, check out the awesome Joe Cornish-directed Attack the Block, which was one of my favourite movies of 2011. It was super awesome, and if you haven’t seen it already, I strongly recommend you go and watch it ASAP.

Now, with the thoughts on The Force Awakens out of the way, let’s take a look at what’s going to happen on this blog in the next month. As you may have noticed with the recent coverage of EC Meyers’ The Silence of the Six, I will now be covering book reviews on this site as well as the standard TV and film stuff. Normally I’d cover book reviews on The Founding Fields, but lately I’m going to split them between the main site as I find that it’s better having them all in one place as opposed to spread out across multiple different sites. (However, you can continue to expect comic reviews and TV reviews showing up on All Comic – coverage of Arrow and The Flash mainly as well as whatever comics I’m reviewing each week).

I’ve recently finished the first seasons of Hannibal, Defiance and True Detective so will be covering these shows over the next few weeks. I’m catching up on Fargo and Helix at the moment so you can expect coverage of those series as well at some point down the line, and I’m one episode away from completing the first seasons of Justified, Continuum (of which the pilot is already reviewed) and The Knick and two away from the completion of Manhattan. I’ll also have reviews on the first half the season of How To Get Away With Murder and The Blacklist (Season 2) posted when I can.

Movie-wise, expect coverage of Snowpiercer, the remaining movies in the Jason Bourne series, Camp X-Ray among others that will show up over the course of the next month or two. I’m bogged down with a lot of uni coursework and assignments to do, with lots of work due in January, so there may be the occasional delay in coverage, but apart from that it should be fine.

Also, you can expect the standard “Best of...” lists, covering Games, TV Series, Books and Films to happen towards the end of the year - after Christmas but probably before January, as well as the return of the 12 Days of Christmas “Favourite Characters” Post around the Christmas period, with favourite characters who I’ve discovered or become more attached to this year posted on the site.



No comments:

Post a Comment